Saturday, February 9, 2008

Baby Shower


I'm not sure where to start to thank everyone for the enormous blessings that were poured out on us this weekend!

Katie and Julie gave us the most beautiful baby shower! I had such a great time and walked away dumbfounded by the presence of God.
I must first tell you, Karl and I moved here to Northern Virginia just over 5 years ago. About 3 months after moving here, I remember crying and telling Karl how hard the move had been for me, not because of location or job, but because I really need girlfriends and I hadn't met any girls. If I had known what God had in store for me I wouldn't have believed it! Through church, bible study, work and neighbors, I have been truely blessed to have more girlfriends than I can count! And not just casual friendships, girls that I can share my heart with over coffee or a great meal (cause you know I love good food:)!!

THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!!
I could never have imagined the blessings!

A couple special guests at my shower, who traveled a long way to be there:) Carrie-college friend, traveled from NJ, Heather-college friend, traveled from NC, and Jilanna- childhood friend, traveled from FL!






The six girls in the last picture are all expecting with 4 of us due in April! From Left to Right: Tracey-30 weeks, Erica-20 weeks, me-32 weeks, Kristen-32 weeks, Melissa-13 weeks, Denise-32 weeks.


Best of Luck to you all!!

3 comments:

Silverthornes said...

Thanks for sharing! I wish I could have been there too. I would have definitely made it in your pregnant friend picture! hehe Anyway, Looks like you had a lot of fun and I am so happy for you that you have made so many friends near you. I know that is important for us socialites. Love ya!! Can't wait for little baby Scherm to make him/her-self known

Silverthornes said...

You look great by the way!

Carrie Ann said...

What an awesome time it was! Katie & Julie did an AWESOME job! And I have all the pics up so you can relive! HUGS!