Thursday, September 27, 2007

First Trimester

Life truely is a miracle! It still amazes me that we are really having a baby. Doctors said we probably wouldn't be able to conceive on our own. I guess they don't know God has a good sense of humor and likes to do things on His own time!!

I must say people warned me about the nausea, gas, cravings, frequent urination and constant tiredness, but not about the crazy dreams!! That has been the biggest surprise.

As you can see from the picture the baby already has arms, legs, fingers & toes. The craziest is you can see the little brain in there, really looks like a brain:) The baby must have gotten that from Karl since it is big enough to fill the skull already. The sound of the heart was like a little train chugging along. And the little guy (or girl) waved at us. That was really cool!

I am just crossing over into the second trimester and I feel so much better! It's amazing how much better a trimester can make you feel. I'm sure Karl is excited too, now we don't have to eat at Chick-fil-A every single day! Although driving 2 hours for a Sonic shake is sounding do-able:)

I haven't gained any weight yet (lost about 7lbs.). I'm told it is coming very soon, the pounds that is. I haven't totally gotten my appetite back so hopefully I will only gain baby weight!

We will try to update this often, so if you are interested in Baby Scherm's progress you can check back!

6 comments:

Silverthornes said...

Yes! We are interested! Keep the blogs coming!

Heather Stanfield said...

I do remember some of the crazy and wild dreams that I had. I am interested in hearing about them.

Unknown said...

That's my grandbaby. "It's dawk in here."

The Scherms said...

I'm glad you guys are enjoying it so far! I guess we will have to keep it up:)

Anonymous said...

Always love to read your stories! Keep them coming!

jenni said...

Course you know we love your posts- girl- shoot.